Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Monthly Archives: May 2012

A problem or a direction??

I’m learning a lot about my writing with these blogs, though I have only been doing them for only a couple of months.  I have written in journals for over 20 years, so examining and writing about the interior life is something to which I am accustomed, yet I am not accustomed to sharing that interior life; facebook helped pave the way for my blog writing as I learned to be open about my feelings through my keyboard. (more…)

The Old Red Road

The Old Red Road


Gravel….Crush….Crimson
I have heard this sound before,
for the first time. (more…)

Donate Blood to the Red Cross Please….

Are you aware that only 10% of the people in the United States give blood?  There is never more than a 30 day supply at any given time due to a lack of donors!  I’m not going to make this a long blog filled with facts and testimonies, but I just want to encourage people to give blood, the Red Cross or what ever organization your country has for an affiliation for blood donors is always in need.  I gave today, and I’ll give again in another 2 months.
I know many people don’t like needles, and I’m not going to lie and say it doesn’t hurt a little…depends on the phlebotomist!  I’ve given blood where I hardly noticed the “stick”, and like today, I’ve given blood and she didn’t quite have such a gentle touch….and I don’t like it, but I give anyway!  If for whatever reason you can NOT give, then give in another way, volunteer to help or donate some money once or twice per year.  Do something to help this ever present need, because we all have emergencies, and the blood you give will save someone’s life!!
If you donate blood…. say so on my comments so I can say thank you!  :-)

A beautiful day….

I had to unplug for a bit and get out this afternoon.  I went for a walk to the park with a book (Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb), and sat in the sunshine for awhile.  The sky was brilliant blue with the half moon like a pearl pendant just captivating the attention from the perfect setting surrounding it.  It is always a marvelous display when there are clear skys and the Sun and the Moon share a day together.  I find the suggestion of Lover’s and Duality throughout this universe we live in or to the extent we understand it.  I know I have a vision for these things because Love is the predominant influence in my Heart, in my Soul, and the purpose of my Life, so it is natural for me to see the Sun and the Moon as Lovers and to be compelled by their affair when they are allowed to share a moment together rather than so often apart. (more…)

Sunsets in Hawaii

One of my favorite places on Earth is the Big Island of Hawaii.  And on that island I have many locations that are close to my Heart, places that inspire me, places that resonate with the Peace of my Soul, places that sing with the rhythm of the Universe, and I love the time I have spent in each of them, and plan to again.  There are many places in this world I wish to visit, and I know I will find in each of them some sacred spot that speaks to me, but Hawaii is always a place I will return again and again…I just fit there, a place I can always find myself when I get too much of the world going on in my head, so today I’m going to share a little bit about sunsets in my place of refuge. (more…)

A.A.

I always said I’d never go to A.A.  I didn’t like their rules, and I’m not comfortable in groups.  I don’t like being dependent on people, yet humility has taught me that is what family and friends are about, and I see my group with A.A.becoming a group of friends that have issues with addiction as well as other problems that relate very well to my own.  It is comforting now to know I have a group I can share things with and they are going to understand because most of them have at some experience with what I go through.  I have therapist for the schizoprhenia, and the issue I’ve tried to burry, but for this attempt at a better life, one without the need to self medicate every single night, I find this group helpful.  And I find I was wrong about the RULES! (more…)

Gospel of Thomas (v.3) Nosce te ipsum!

If those who lead you say, “Look, the kingdom is in heaven,” then the birds of heaven will precede you.  If they say, “It is in the sea,” then the fish will precede you.  Rather, the kingdom is within you and outside you.  When you know yourselves, you will be known, and you will know you are children of the living father.  But if you do not know yourselves, you live in poverty and you yourselves are the poverty. (v.3)

Nosce te ipsum

No one, no leader, no pastor, no teacher, no friend, no parent is able to tell anyone else who they are, that discovery must be made by each one of us; and it is imperative to understanding that we begin our journey in this life with this venture into our own person.  The more we depend on others to show us who we are the more mountains we will build that will unltimately stand in our way to that discovery later, and the greater the range of mountains the more difficult the task will be. (more…)

My Library

I read books the same way I listen to music; this means I’m very eclectic. I like most genres.  Because my mind is the way it is, I can rarely read a book cover to cover, I have to read several books at the same time, for example I’m currently reading eight books, 5 non-fiction in the spiritual/philosophical genre, 1 daily reflection, and 2 fiction books.  Most I read some of everyday, while 2 of them I read only occasionally as one I leave at the public library and the other (one of the fictions) I find a little trite but I want to finish it so I just read it now and then.
I put up a page of books I consider essential to my library, although it isn’t exhaustive.  If there is one thing I can’t stand it is a library that is filled with only books the reader can agree with the authors.  I much prefer a library that pushes me to see things from another perspective, as for religion, I won’t even talk about one until I’ve read their major works and beliefs.  I keep meaning to get the book of Mormon and Koran, because I’ve never read those, and I want too, not because I expect to convert but because I want to understand what they believe.  I’ve read the Bhagavad Gita and I should add that to my list of essentials, all religions should be represented in my essentials….I’ll do that today.  I’ve read books defending both the theories of evolution and creationism.  I like that they both look at the same evidence and conclude different answers….my own personal view…. (more…)

Gratitude

Everyday is an opportunity to be grateful.  Sometimes, thanksgiving can be difficult.  I’ve written before what it is like to be in the depth of depression, now couple that with Schizophrenia and a multitude of voices in your own mind saying, “He’s never gonna get it.  He’s too stupid.  Your a piece of shit and you always will be.  You will never amount to anything.”  Multiply the depression and that type of discouragement by a daily routine of 20 years…how many people would be grateful and thankful?  I can tell you, NOT VERY MANY!! (more…)

Four

This is a poem I will be using in the novel I’m writing.  It’s a scifi/fantasy series, which I find incredibly more difficult to write than spiritual and wisdom writings, which flow out of me like running water.  It may take 20 years to complete this series, it’s just a very epic scope to write and so there is much framework to lay out.  i would compare it to creating a universe and having to make sure it all works as it should rather than just implode on itself.

Four

13 ways
13 whys
13 levels below the skies
The One, The Three
The Three, The One
Separation; are they undone?
Maria Prophitee
One becomes Two
Two becomes Three
Out of the Third
One will come Fourth
Rejoin the two to find the sum
One and Three; Equality.
~a poem by Zion

Scream!!!

For well over a decade one of my favorite works of Art has been the The Scream by Edvard Munch.  Many find it disturbing, bizarre, even creepy, but for me it speaks volumes to my life and mind.  I see in it much of what I lived day in and day out for near 20 years of this earthly existence….to me it’s not just a painting, it’s a mirror. (more…)

Spes quae videtur non est spes.

I’ve been meditating upon this phrase for the better part of an hour this morning.  Spes quae videtur non est spes.  Loosely translated, “Hope that is seen, is not hope.”  I questioned the truth of this statement and I’ve been chewing on it rather than breakfast.  I can’t pull myself away from it.  Normally, I would meditate upon the Gospel of Thomas verse for a few minutes before breakfast, but this morning this statement caught my mind, and in very unusual way…I’m not distracted from it….I’ve stayed focused upon this thread of thought for over an hour, listening to the silence to reveal some understanding, entering into a dialogue with my private muse and counselor, only to discover more mystery than evidence, which from my perspective means I’m on the right path. (more…)

Center Stage to the Universe and Thankful to be so!!

I’ve had an incredible day of blessings and things going good, I just have to write about it.  The last few months have been very difficult, being on my own going through major reconstructive surgery due to a bicycle accident that left my face broken in 6 places…and leaving Hawaii, one of my favorite places on earth.
I’m settling back in Oregon, where I have wonderful family and friends, and I’m still regaining my footing.  I finally am having some progress with my meds and lots of progress with my therapist so that I felt it was the right time to get sober, and I’m feeling healthier than I have in years!  All of this, plus just feeling good about myself and my place in my spiritual journey, has raised me up to a level of being thankful to be alive rather than waking up with “oh f***, I’m still here!” (more…)

Gospel of Thomas (v.2)

Jesus said, “Let whoever seeks not cease from his seeking until he finds.  When he finds, he will be troubled.  When he is troubled, he will marvel and will reign over all.”
A treasure hunt!  When Jesus teaches he isn’t looking to instill his Wisdom into every casual observer, but lets them know if you want to understand, if you want to be wise, you have to be tenacious; a passion for what you seek is a requirement in the realm of spiritual understanding and wisdom of Life. (more…)

Insomnia

In the middle of the night, when trying to sleep becomes the latest routine to a Zumba workout, it ‘s best just to get out of bed and make use of the time.  I actually enjoy being up in the middle of the night because of the quiet solitude that always shrouds the feel of it.  I leave the tv off, no music, just the vast expanse of silence to roar in at me and in that boistrous echo of nothing I find sollace! (more…)




Wisdom Through Experience @ http://experiencewisdomnow.blogger.com posts belong to Zion Marion Amoure creator of IamZion.com, ©2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and add to the conversation. I love comments on my blogs!