Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Do Over!!!

When I was kid, there was a secret that allowed me to always erase the past and begin again no matter what fantasy I was enacting with my toys, among my friends, or just playing Pitfall or Donkey Kong on my atari 2600; I hit reset when it just got to be too much and called:  "Do over!" and everybody knew what happened before that no longer mattered, i was starting over and that was that!!


I think life deserves these little moments, and now living at my ripe age of empty-nest and the perfect time for my moment to come, I'm calling: "Do over!"

My 3 children are all in college, 3 different Universities, I've been single for 13 years, and I've been working for myself for many years in a construction profession I've never enjoyed, and I'm eager to leave this whole life behind, with the exception of my children....of whom I've never been prouder as they all are setting their sites on their ambitions and none of them let fear stand in the way of ultimately chasing their dreams, including the hard work that is required to achieve them...they will just have to find me as I do them in the future lives unfolding before us.  :-)

I am committed to leaving Oregon....it's a beautiful state, but I grew up here, and every attempt I've made to get away from this fucking place has ended up in this town I graduated high school from sucking me back in like a black hole, and I can't stand that I always end up doing the work I hate and I end up giving up on living because I feel there is no more adventure, no more purpose, and no more reason to strive for something never before achieved.  I get depressed and I give up!  For me, the grass is greener somewhere else.  I love new places, the having to find out about a new area, establish a new way interacting with others, the whole since of being "born again" is always invigorating and I'm going to do just that.

I have a friend in Mound, Minnesota....I've never been East, and so I have a plan to
Everybody deserves a chance to change their lives.
move within the month, a place to stay as I get settled, and I'm looking for work, hopefully in the writing profession that I desire, but anything other than tape & texture will be fantastic, and I do have some skills to call upon in the social service area to aid in that. 

I will be purchasing my train tickets, I love traveling by Amtrak, and you can be looking forward to seeing more posts as I journey cross country and all that experience in both this new adventure and in the wisdom I gain as I begin anew.   It is exciting to anticipate and I look forward to writing about it as well. 

My new adventure begins the middle of July...please stay tune and enjoy the ride! 


"Do OVER!!!!!"   :-)



Wisdom Through Experience @ http://experiencewisdomnow.blogger.com posts belong to Zion Marion Amoure creator of IamZion.com, ©2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and add to the conversation. I love comments on my blogs!